Is this true?

At least our lads didn't embarrass themselves like Chelsea, by letting Donal McIntyre not only get his feet under the table, but expose them on TV.
Easy to criticize Mariner Ulster but I reckon that could have happened to any London firm at that time. As this thread demonstrates we were successfully infiltrated on more than one occasion. Some of those undercovers were convincing. We learned from it though which reinforced our suspicions of anyone from outhwith our manor.

Last edited:
Easy to criticize Mariner Ulster but I reckfon that could have happened to any London firm at that time. As this thread demonstrates we were successfully infiltrated on more than one occasion. Some of those undercovers were convincing. We learned from it though which reinforced our suspicions of anyone from outhwith our manor.
To think that the cops were at it so often , thankfully with not too much success, just shows how much the authorities were worried about the whole FV scene.
I wonder if they'd have had the same outcome as McIntyre did at Chelsea, or would they have been as switched on as any infiltrators being filth.

The mdweek Arsenal away game was the one where Les Briley scored a 30 yard screamer that got disallowed for no reason whatsoever.
I still have the fucking hump about that 34 years later

I was gutted on the way home, being 14 at the time I had not evolved enough to realise the hope is what killed ya as a Millwall fan

this was rammed home when we got slapped 4-1 at Brighton in the playoffs

what really pissed me off with that Briley goal ruled out for Teddy being offside was that those North London Cunts won the league on Anfield in the last minute through Thomas

we were also still in the title race up to that point and then dropped like a stone to 10th following that travesty of a decision

those two seasons in the first division still feel like yesterday even though they are over 30 years ago

To think that the cops were at it so often , thankfully with not too much success, just shows how much the authorities were worried about the whole FV scene.
I wonder if they'd have had the same outcome as McIntyre did at Chelsea, or would they have been as switched on as any infiltrators being filth.
Thing about Mcintyre that's odd is how did they think such a div could be for real. From what Peckham says this OB cunt came across as proper game. Mcintyre was taking slaps off Scandi scarfers. (Something for you there D😁)

I was gutted on the way home, being 14 at the time I had not evolved enough to realise the hope is what killed ya as a Millwall fan

what really pissed me off with that Briley goal ruled out for Teddy being offside was that those North London Cunts won the league on Anfield in the last minute through Thomas

we were also still in the title race up to that point and then dropped like a stone to 10th following that travesty of a decision

those two seasons in the first division still feel like yesterday even though they are over 30 years ago

I don't think I've ever been as gutted as that 4-1 v Brighton. Rioch picking Thompson to mark Mike Small when McCarthy was on the bench and would have dealt with him easily.

Actually, the 0-0 at Ipswich which relegated us to the third division was as bad, if not worse. I was unbelievably down after that.

I don't think I've ever been as gutted as that 4-1 v Brighton. Rioch picking Thompson to mark Mike Small when McCarthy was on the bench and would have dealt with him easily.

Actually, the 0-0 at Ipswich which relegated us to the third division was as bad, if not worse. I was unbelievably down after that.
That Ipswich game I was there as well and was well gutted

it was before iPhones and instant technology and the Ipswich announcer said Pompey had lost and then said something like I am joking your relegated

even I lost my shit on the seats and I have always tried to swerve that sort of thing as it is not my bag

I had forgotten about that and am suddenly raging again 😂

Considering the hatred the headhunters have for the Irish and catholics in general it surprised me some what that Mariner and co suffered that div. He properly mugged them off after they welcomed him with open arms.
Good point that. And someone was saying the other day, did he ever get properly served by them after? He wasn't hard to find.

it was before iPhones and instant technology and the Ipswich announcer said Pompey had lost and then said something like I am joking your relegated

even I lost my shit on the seats and I have always tried to swerve that sort of thing as it is not my bag

Sorry for triggering that particular memory, mate!

I went out that night (for some reason I think it was a Sunday?) for a drink with my then bird in Bexleyheath and I was fucking miserable as. She uttered the inevitable line "It's just a game, I don't know why you're so upset." I was so down I was nearly crying and she said that? I wasn't even angry. I just walked out there and then, got in a cab and went on a two day bender. Solid drinking for two whole days and a bit of powder now and then, no sleep. I remember the first few hours, but to this day I have no idea about the rest. I was woken up on an empty 21 bus on the Tuesday morning by the driver.

I must be a similar age to you, @Windy8174. I remember the promotion season and the two in the top flight really well. Shocking when you realise how long ago it actually was.

Very lively after. But yeah. Terrible end to a very promising season.

Sorry for triggering that particular memory, mate!

I went out that night (for some reason I think it was a Sunday?) for a drink with my then bird in Bexleyheath and I was fucking miserable as. She uttered the inevitable line "It's just a game, I don't know why you're so upset." I was so down I was nearly crying and she said that? I wasn't even angry. I just walked out there and then, got in a cab and went on a two day bender. Solid drinking for two whole days and a bit of powder now and then, no sleep. I remember the first few hours, but to this day I have no idea about the rest. I was woken up on an empty 21 bus on the Tuesday morning by the driver.
Ha ha ha I lived on the 21 bus to Millwall or the old Kent road or venue or 36 and 178 as it took me to my school

It was teddy and if I remember rightly he even stepped off the pitch just as Briley shot hoping it would mean he weren’t offside.

The first infiltration was just after Luton resulting in raids and arrests around 1986/87, the copper went by the name of Clive and about four of my crowd got pulled in. I was at work when I heard on the radio that a load of arrests had been made, I phoned home to check it wasn't me or my brother that had been raided, we hadn't, I then rang my mate's house and his mum answered and said he had been nicked.
On the radio it said they had been charged with conspiracy to commit an affray and were appearing at Camberwell Magistrates Court, I finished work around midday and made my way to the court, when I got there my mates were coming out of the courts, when they saw me they told me to fuck off as they were looking for me and my brother but didn't know our full names just that we lived in Catford.
We were worried for the next few weeks but they never came knocking, probably didn't have enough to charge us which was probably down to my brother as he took a instant dislike to 'Clive' and warned me to keep well away from him, he didn't trust him(and rightly so).
My mates all got banged up and then released a few months into their sentence due to fabricated evidence.

The first infiltration was just after Luton resulting in raids and arrests around 1986/87, the copper went by the name of Clive and about four of my crowd got pulled in. I was at work when I heard on the radio that a load of arrests had been made, I phoned home to check it wasn't me or my brother that had been raided, we hadn't, I then rang my mate's house and his mum answered and said he had been nicked.
On the radio it said they had been charged with conspiracy to commit an affray and were appearing at Camberwell Magistrates Court, I finished work around midday and made my way to the court, when I got there my mates were coming out of the courts, when they saw me they told me to fuck off as they were looking for me and my brother but didn't know our full names just that we lived in Catford.
We were worried for the next few weeks but they never came knocking, probably didn't have enough to charge us which was probably down to my brother as he took a instant dislike to 'Clive' and warned me to keep well away from him, he didn't trust him(and rightly so).
My mates all got banged up and then released a few months into their sentence due to fabricated evidence.
Interesting Ringo. Think you maybe mentioned that once before. Funny how your brother sussed him but others didn't. And glad OB managed to fuck up as they usually did. Now I guess they don't bother. Just wait for a tourist to upload video to Twitter.

Interesting Ringo. Think you maybe mentioned that once before. Funny how your brother sussed him but others didn't. And glad OB managed to fuck up as they usually did. Now I guess they don't bother. Just wait for a tourist to upload video to Twitter.
What it was 70s is every game after Luton was all ticket even though the crowds were between 4-5000. We were playing Cardiff and my brother had forgot to buy a ticket, in the pub before the game he was asking everyone if they had a spare, up pops 'Clive' with a ticket, that would had won him loads of kudos and got him in 'with the crowd' until he insisted he wanted a fiver for the ticket (they were £3.50) my brother wanted to bash him for taking the piss but was calmed down by our mates but after that he wanted nothing to do with him.
The funny thing about it was my brother had no qualms about paying him the £3.50 and buying him a pint which was about a quid at the time but he didn't like being ripped off by a fellow supporter. The crowd that day was about 3,500.

What it was 70s is every game after Luton was all ticket even though the crowds were between 4-5000. We were playing Cardiff and my brother had forgot to buy a ticket, in the pub before the game he was asking everyone if they had a spare, up pops 'Clive' with a ticket, that would had won him loads of kudos and got him in 'with the crowd' until he insisted he wanted a fiver for the ticket (they were £3.50) my brother wanted to bash him for taking the piss but was calmed down by our mates but after that he wanted nothing to do with him.
The funny thing about it was my brother had no qualms about paying him the £3.50 and buying him a pint which was about a quid at the time but he didn't like being ripped off by a fellow supporter. The crowd that day was about 3,500.
So OB made a schoolboy error. If not wall then a cunt. Well done your brother.