Danny Mac why not stop messing around

The reason Danny not signed is because of the offer made by the club is a bit of a farce & way below many others in the team and after the season
he had deserves a decent offer but silly bullocks GR is holding out so it looks like another promising youngster could be leaving for peanuts , got rid of Ben & Mahoney cause they had the nerve to disagree with him & never gave them.proper game time and how Leonard gets in before Danny I don't know, don't believe some of the old crap coming out of GR mouth about this situation,we missed his forward runs yesterday
Silly bollocks GR............Is this you not moaning again ??????

cant believe some of the bollox being written on this thread.
Unless somebody here knows for a fact how much he's been offered, how long his contract is, then, you're right, it's bollox. It may that he's being greedy, that the club's being stingy or that Danny just doesn't like the length of the grass at the Den and prefers QPR where they cut it a tenth of an inch shorter. I really hope he stays, if he goes we might find out the truth if it all afterwards, but until we hear from someone who really knows the score, we're in the dark and there's no point in slagging off club or player or GR.

Last edited:
Unless somebody here knows for a fact how much he's been offered, how long his contract is, then, you're right, it's bollox. It may that he's being greedy, that the club's being stingy or that Danny just doesn't like the length of the grass at the Den and prefers QPR where they cut it a tenth of an inch shorter. I really hope he stays, if he goes we might find out the truth if it all afterwards, but until we hear from someone who really knows the score, we're in the dark and I for one am not going to slag off either club or player.
No one is slagging off the club, but there can only be 2 scenarios as to why Danny hasn’t signed his contract yet: he doesn’t like the length of his contract (too short?), or he wants more money!

I doubt it’s the former, and most probably it’s the latter. Danny has played well over the last 18 months, and I think his agent has dripped poison in his ear, telling him he is worth more than what the club think he is worth!

The sad part in all this, is that Danny is one of our own, and he should know how privileged he is, to play for his boyhood club, and earning good money whilst doing it! Something every other Wall supporter would give their right arm to be in his position!

I should hope he as a say in things , Ben yes did run his course but his treatment by GR was woeful and Mahoney never got a chance and they both dislimed each other so that was only ever to go one way
What treatment exactly?
Both players were given ample opportunity by more than one manager an neither worked out so we moved on.

I would also hope GR has a say but it won't be to do with detail of the contract. He did the right thing and benched him as he felt his head wasn't in the right place. We won.
I hope the situation gets resolved wouldn't want to lose DM either but I don't want any player holding our club to ransom.

I have no Idea what Is going on. I have heard It's about a release clause but that could be all bollocks.

I know one thing though. I would expect to be on the same wage as Malone and and If things worled out at a disadvantage I too would be keeping the negotiations going.

The reason Danny not signed is because of the offer made by the club is a bit of a farce & way below many others in the team and after the season
he had deserves a decent offer but silly bullocks GR is holding out so it looks like another promising youngster could be leaving for peanuts , got rid of Ben & Mahoney cause they had the nerve to disagree with him & never gave them.proper game time and how Leonard gets in before Danny I don't know, don't believe some of the old crap coming out of GR mouth about this situation,we missed his forward runs yesterday
Bullshit. How much was he offered per week? You moan about price of stuff in the ground but at the same time want the club to chuck money about willy nilly. You can't have it both ways.

Last edited:
Millwall have offered a massive improvement on his current wages, but still poor compared with other members of the current squad.
To some members of the squad it is, but they're senior players with games/ experience under their belts, they're not just fresh out of the youth team. If a business doesn't have a wage structure it won't last long. He will go on to earn millions, be it here or elsewhere whilst we get fuck all back from the thousands we have invested in him since a youth.

Last edited:
This is a wind up, right?

Bullshit. How much was he offered per week? You moan about price of stuff in the ground but at the same time want the club to chuck money about willy nilly. You can't have it both ways.
So.you don't believe he deserves a decent wage after his last season , find out like I did what he as been offered & then compare it with the others and see what conclusion you come too

To some members of the squad it is, but they're senior players with games/ experience under their belts, they're not just fresh out of the youth team. If a business doesn't have a wage structure it won't last long. He will go on to earn millions, be it here or elsewhere whilst we get fuck all back from the thousands we have invested in him since a youth.
He's been offered £10k less than what Flemming is on, but that's not my concern.

I think to replace him with a young, hungry first team ready right back, you'd probably have to pay 10-15k pw wages. So for us to be offering Danny less seems a little strange.

It feels as though we are spending a lot of money now, trying to make a push, but trying to counter act that by offering our own players wages that they couldn't get away with offering a potential new signing.

I always remember someone in the West Upper, they would be screaming that the manager should introduce a certain youth player from the bench week after week.
I spoke to him one day and he admitted that he was the one that introduced the player as a kid, and he was waiting to get his commission once the player had played a few more games.;)

He's been offered £10k less than what Flemming is on, but that's not my concern.

I think to replace him with a young, hungry first team ready right back, you'd probably have to pay 10-15k pw wages. So for us to be offering Danny less seems a little strange.

It feels as though we are spending a lot of money now, trying to make a push, but trying to counter act that by offering our own players wages that they couldn't get away with offering a potential new signing.
DM has played really well but he’s end product doesn’t deserve 15k a week. No chance, improve over the next 12 months add more goals and assists then differently. I would imagine the club has had a similar conversation.

We had another RB before had played to a similar level, for what ever reasons both are turning out to not be club men. I know some of you personally know the family of have friends of the family but reading Jake Coopers comments when he signed he’s deal and watching this play out. DM couldn’t give a fuck about Millwall and he will deserve the same treatment as Romeo if this drags out.

DM has played really well but he’s end product doesn’t deserve 15k a week. No chance, improve over the next 12 months add more goals and assists then differently. I would imagine the club has had a similar conversation.

We had another RB before had played to a similar level, for what ever reasons both are turning out to not be club men. I know some of you personally know the family of have friends of the family but reading Jake Coopers comments when he signed he’s deal and watching this play out. DM couldn’t give a fuck about Millwall and he will deserve the same treatment as Romeo if this drags out.
He don't want £15k pw though, he just doesn't want the £7k we have offered, and I don't blame him. He was one of the first names on the team sheet last season.

He don't want £15k pw though, he just doesn't want the £7k we have offered, and I don't blame him. He was one of the first names on the team sheet last season.
If DM wants to play for Millwall 7k a week for me is a pretty fair offer. He’s played well but he’s end product isn’t good enough yet.

Personally I think he’s making a mistake, he should already have been a part of Saturday, looking forward to the next one and improving on he’s previous season. Instead he wants to leave us for QPR for a few extra grand a week. He won’t get the support for the terraces in the same way and if he doesn’t kick on at QPR he’s going backwards from there. I think he would have really kicked on this season with us and the game time and support he would have got. Maybe Danny’s just one to move on from. All this Millwall supporting family stuff makes it worse.

A decent agent would have more than one option lined up in Danny's best interest, the family should be wary of his influence.
My mate on placing a young player with a certain agent and within two days he had a raft of club options.

i do not think anyone knows the true facts and a lot of what is being said on this thread is speculation. I think it was wrong that QPR made their interest public because to me that is tapping up a player and deliberating unsettling him. His agent could be taking advantage of this for his own financial benefit. The one fact is that the club gave him the chance to cement his place in the team to such an extent that Romeo was sent out on loan and sold in the close season' He has been offered a vastly improved contract but we do not know how this compares with the rest of the squad or what Romeo was on. The way things are at the moment he will be gone by the end of August and we will be left without a recognised right back.

So.you don't believe he deserves a decent wage after his last season , find out like I did what he as been offered & then compare it with the others and see what conclusion you come too
I understand he has been offered a significant increase and I'm guessing it's another agent who wants a transfer fee so that he can get his slice of the wedge. The fact GR didn't play him Saturday suggests that the ball is in Danny Mac's court. Mitchell and Wallace signed straight away. Danny Mac is a good player but like Jed when a player wants to move there is very little a club can do. As for agents don't get me started.