The gourmet burger place outside the ground …

Wippa

… in the ‘fan zone’ bit. It’s new ain’t it? don’t recall seeing it last season but I only went a few times so I might have just missed it before. Anyone try it? I was starving and wanted it to give it a go but was in a rush so had to make do with some chips from inside the ground.

Ive got to say, what the club have done with that area is superb. The atmosphere is really good. I brought my daughter, who hasn’t been for ages, and as we walked towards it from Surrey canal road she said it felt like she was going to a gig or a festival (that’s her thing).

It’s a shame that all of the pubs around the ground have shut but good that the club have provided somewhere for the fans to have a pre match drink, and probably making a right few quid in the process.

Last edited:
Yeah it is new mate. Didn't try it but my mate wandered over and soon came back when he saw it was 4 quid for a portion of chips! I dread to think how much the burgers are!
Probably won't do Trace's business much good on the corner of Cold Blow Lane...

But agree, the club have done well with the blue bus etc. Could do with a few plastic tables and chairs, but I suppose, with some justification, the club probably assume anything like that left outside is likely to be propelled through the air!

Yeah it is new mate. Didn't try it but my mate wandered over and soon came back when he saw it was 4 quid for a portion of chips! I dread to think how much the burgers are!
Probably won't do Trace's business much good on the corner of Cold Blow Lane...

But agree, the club have done well with the blue bus etc. Could do with a few plastic tables and chairs, but I suppose, with some justification, the club probably assume anything like that left outside is likely to be propelled through the air!
4 quid for a portion of chips seems a bit steep but I’m happy to pay above the going rate for a decent burger, as opposed to the horse meat mush you get at most places. I’d go up to a tenner for a decent burger if its really good. Love a good quality gourmet burger.

It’s a shame that all of the pubs around the ground have shut but good that the club have provided somewhere for the fans to have a pre match drink, and probably making a right few quid in the process.
The beer in the ground is still shit, and because the pubs around the ground are, as you say, shut, the club have a captive audience!

Buy our shit or have a coke instead!

Never ceases to amaze me that football clubs never seem willing to give the punters exactly what they want: a selection of good beers, ales and food, all competitively priced, to entice supporters to spend money that goes back into the club, and not into the coffers of another, outside competitor!

I mean, it’s not rocket science, is it?

The beer in the ground is still shit, and because the pubs around the ground are, as you say, shut, the club have a captive audience!

Buy our shit or have a coke instead!

Never ceases to amaze me that football clubs never seem willing to give the punters exactly what they want: a selection of good beers, ales and food, all competitively priced, to entice supporters to spend money that goes back into the club, and not into the coffers of another, outside competitor!

I mean, it’s not rocket science, is it?
You go to any football ground in the country, or any event for that matter, and the beer is usually bog standard fizz. You won’t get decent ales and the like because it just doesn’t keep from one event/match to the next.

4 quid for a portion of chips seems a bit steep but I’m happy to pay above the going rate for a decent burger, as opposed to the horse meat mush you get at most places. I’d go up to a tenner for a decent burger if its really good. Love a good quality gourmet burger.
Last of the big spenders you are :grinning:, apart from Wetherspoons (which are decent to be fair, especially for the price and I would recommend them highly) I can't remember the last time I see a decent burger for less than a tenner.

4 quid for chips Is a knock, but to those who are rightly moaning count yourselves lucky you ain't at Bromley Town. I was down there for a Sunday cup final recently just after they had opened their new facilities and they wanted £16+ for the burgers and chips. The fact that It was looked and smelt like walking Into an Ikea restaurant made It even more Infuriating. Give me a burger van at football any day.

The question is mate, how much would you pay for a Nagaburger?

Get what you pay for holds true - even with these fecking inflated prices. Missus gobsmacked at the price of two Ribeyes I'd requested yesterday for grilling post Wall victory- and yes, quite pricey they were but the utter shit quality rubbish sitting alongside them I wouldn't have touched with a beggar's prick anyway. I won't skimp on food, beer or tobacco.