Just Back v Stoke

McNamara situation is worsening it seems.
Whatever wages he demands, we will likely have to pay any replacement in order to match the quality…

A good start to the season. Very solid, created plenty and could have scored more.

But as Winston Wolf said in Pulp Fiction, let's not start sucking each other's dicks quite yet, gentleman. I'm not saying that to piss on anyone's chips. Seeing where we are after 10 games was a mantra of Kenny Jackett and he was right.

There is more to come from this team, no doubt about it. Flemming can be a game-changer for us, particularly in the games against the bigger teams away from home because they will have a go and us and he can potentially operate where he will have a bit more room to play.

Thanks Silver appreciated.

I thought Ryan Leonard played really well at RB, he’s stronger than Danny Mac for sure and looked really comfortable playing in that role.

At a guess DM has most likely been offered the same contract as Billy Mitchell who’s signed his. The club have to be consistent here and I admire GR/club for taking a stance. For sure I don’t want this turning into a Jed Wallace situation but equally we cannot be held with a gun to our heads by any player.

I hope the boy sat on the bench yesterday and reflected on a few things, namely Ryan Leonard can play there as can Jamie Shackleton.

Last edited:
Thanks Silver appreciated.

I thought Ryan Leonard played really well at RB, he’s stronger than Danny Mac for sure and looked really comfortable playing in that role.

At a guess DM has most likely been offered the same contract as Billy Mitchell who’s signed his. The club have to be consistent here and I admire GR/club for taking a stance. For sure I don’t want this turning into a Jed Wallace situation but equally we cannot be held with a gun to our heads by any player.

I hope the boy sat on the bench yesterday and reflected on a few things, namely Ryan Leonard can play there as can Jamie Shackleton.
He might also reflect on the fact that we are a proper team with a chance of doing something this year which QPR definitely ain't. IF he goes it shows his ambition is about the size of his wallet not what he can achieve in the game which is sad really, but he wouldn't be the first or last to make that mistake

Agree Purley - yes very harsh m. I actually thought it was one his better games. When you have a view about a player you see them throughout that prejudiced lens. And filter out the positives.
I did say I rated him and always have had... although you may have a point...

His first 5 or so touches were woeful and perhaps that stuck in my head for the rest of the game..

A confident and commanding performance and a thoroughly deserved result.

It wasn’t our best start. They had the majority of the ball and we never went straight for the jugular. It took us five minutes to get into our stride but then Benik got lively up front and Molly looked lively on the left. There was an early chance into their box but it came to nothing. Then there was some good play down the right which ended up as a corner for us. Honeyman took it and Cresswell was just too aggressive in the box, met the ball first time twelve yards out and buried it into the back of the net. We then took control with Honeyman pressing hard, Shack looking to get everywhere and Billy biting hard in the middle. Bradshaw was winning headers against a defender twice his size and Benik was still looking lively. They created very little and I am not sure whether Bart had a save to make in the first 45. Even though they had a lot of possession there was no real threat up front and they never really got into decent attacking positions. The half finished with us in front.

I was hoping we would just carry on from where we left off but it was better than that. we really started off on the front foot and had four decent chances in the first five minutes. The first two fell to Benik. He wriggled free for the first and he did the same for the second and hit a rasping shot across goal which just cleared the bar. The next two fell to Bradshaw. The first he got the better of the defender on on one but his tame shot was easily saved. The second one was a decent shot from the left of the box but the ref disallowed it for with offside or a foul. He didn’t look offside in a month of Sundays and one of their players did go down in the box but it looked as if he was after the sympathy vote. Regardless we pressed on and no matter how hard they tried to get back into the game they really couldn’t fashion a decent chance. Just after the hour we put the game to bed. A decent corner from Molly on the left found Cresswell free in the box and he side footed it in firmly from twelve yards. They look a beaten side and despite making three subs they really couldn’t get back into it. We took off three tiring players, Bradshaw, Shack and Honeyman and brought on Flem Bennett and Saville. It gave us more energy in the middle of the park and really stifled any thought they might have had of getting back into the game. There were some good moments from all three subs but there were no more goals and Rockin All Over The World rang out loud and proud at the final whistle.

Bart had little to do but was confident and assured. Leonard looked solid, Cooper was dominant at the back and so was Murray. However, MOM must go to Cresswell with two goals on your league debut and a confident display at the back. Molly had some threatening moments, Billy was Mr Whizz, Shack had some good energetic touches and Honeyman was biting hard in the middle. Bradshaw had some threatening moments, scored a good goal that was ruled out and Benik played well and incurred the wrath of the travelling Stoke fans. Sav was busy, Flem had some good moments and Bennett was aggressive.

A good opening day performance. Two goals three points and a clean sheet and top of the league.You couldn’t really asked for more. and I met Dan at the Millwall Cafe who was optimistic about the upcoming season. Around me there were two who though we would finish seventh, one who thought we would be thit’d and me who think sixth in likely. Whichever way you look at it was made a good start!
Thanks Silver as always.

From where I was sitting Bart dropped it and it went over the line. Watched it back on the highlights and still think it went over. Knobbo refs watch couldn't have been working properly. Payback for all those dodgy decision against us.
Though it was a really sold performance all round. Never really looked like conceding. Afobe was a constant thorn to them all game.
For me, that Midfield three is the key. All three just never stop running and hassling. Shack sitting in gives Billy a bit more freedom and then Honeyman being the link to the front two.
The other thing is now the depth. When you think the bench had Danny Mac, Flemming, Bennett, Saville, Long on it and then you have Hutch to come back.
Great start to the season!
I was right behind and above our goal. Bart kept it out, just. I think the reason for his fumble was due to the massive spin on the ball from the way the Stoke bloke hit it.

Glad to get the first fixture out of the way and come away with all 3 points. The Cresswell loan looks good for him and I think our players could learn from him. The EFL show may have changed channels but we still get shown late. Funny they showed the table 'Just for fun'. Be a laugh if the end of season one looks the same. :grinning:

Should have been 3. Nothing wrong with Bradshaw's goal. The cunt lino flagged for offside, but the ball was parried out to Bradshaw by their keeper, do no offside there, and when Bradshaw lashed it home there were none of ours in front of their last defender.

That lino was one of the worst I've seen. He flagged is offside about 4 times in succession in almost exactly the same circumstances... He would always start off behind the play, watch the ball bring played forward, then run to catch up with the play, then stick his flag up. He was constantly judging the calls from behind the line of the last man.

I was massively impressed with Shackleton. I didn't think he put a foot wrong all game and neat and tidy in everything he did. He an arf covered some ground too.

Our entire midfield looked dynamic yesterday in a way I haven't seen in years. Full of energy and bite. It was great to watch!

Should have been 3. Nothing wrong with Bradshaw's goal. The cunt lino flagged for offside, but the ball was parried out to Bradshaw by their keeper, do no offside there, and when Bradshaw lashed it home there were none of ours in front of their last defender.

That lino was one of the worst I've seen. He flagged is offside about 4 times in succession in almost exactly the same circumstances... He would always start off behind the play, watch the ball bring played forward, then run to catch up with the play, then stick his flag up. He was constantly judging the calls from behind the line of the last man.

I was massively impressed with Shackleton. I didn't think he put a foot wrong all game and neat and tidy in everything he did. He an arf covered some ground too.

Our entire midfield looked dynamic yesterday in a way I haven't seen in years. Full of energy and bite. It was great to watch!
Your last three paragraphs are spot on KoJ. It seems the goal was disallowed for a foul.