Moro at Cardiff

It’s amazing how Morison has the reputation of having an attitude and being disruptive when the opposite is true. He was a consummate professional who demanded the same high standards of those around him, I don’t see anything wrong in that.

Most peoples perceptions seem to stem from the 18-19 season when we came close to slipping back into league one but instead of blaming Morison because he had the gall to call players out it might be more pertinent to point the finger at the likes of Archer, Fred, Meredith and Marshall whose conduct was disgraceful.

It was because of the huge influence from Morison along with the likes of Pearce, Gregory and Williams all of whos exemplary professionalism eventually guided us to safety that year. Another reason why Morison should be held in higher regard than he is by some fans.
Well said. I couldn't remember the season but you're correct, he did throw a wobbler and a few fucks into the team in the dressing room, it worked!

Played less games for us than Morison and fucked off for better things.

He's also considered to a be a cunt by many cause 13 years after leaving us he played for the tramps across the water. A broad church indeed!

I have a lot of respect for you @Peckham Lion, but you cannot compare Morison with Hurlock.

Can't argue with you about Ted, though. I'm still not over that myself, although he is still the best player I've seen in a Millwall shirt.

I have a lot of respect for you @Peckham Lion, but you cannot compare Morison with Hurlock.
I'm not saying Hurlock wasn't a great player/ character but questioning the legend tag, surely the amount of games played comes into account? The argument that Morison fucked off for better things also stands with Hurlocks so it's a bit confusing!

I'm not saying Hurlock wasn't a great player/ character but questioning the legend tag, surely the amount of games played comes into account? The argument that Morison fucked off for better things also stands with Hurlocks so it's a bit confusing!

It's all conjecture to a degree, I'd agree. In pure terms, you could argue Neil Harris is the ultimate legend. Player and manager. Goals, appearances, achievements, the personal angle. Rhino for longevity also.

Stop it Peckham........... Hurlock was the epitome of all things Wall........................
Came to us late, and in his few seasons crammed in a lifetime of legend capabilities.
Anymore of this, and there could well be a Chinese burn on its way............

For me Morison is a Wall legend. Came back twice, helped get us promoted twice and is our 3rd highest goal scorer of all time. So what if he is moody and had a moan about grown men running on to the pitch, I couldn’t careless, he is still a legend….but if anyone wants to argue that Teddy and Hurlock are not, there will be pistols drawn at dawn

We hear so much stuff about players that it;s hard to know who and what to believe. It's also said thet he was good with certain younger players. As for his arrogance, who cares? He was paid to score goals and not to be nice to people, many of whom were quite happy to verbally abuse him whilst wearing our shirt.
That's what I said mate, he always did a job on the pitch and that's what really matters. Interesting what you say about younger players though as I spoke to 2 of our managers about him and both said he would demoralise and demotivate younger players especially putting down young forwards. I know for a fact that Harris had it out with him more than once over this

It's all conjecture to a degree, I'd agree. In pure terms, you could argue Neil Harris is the ultimate legend. Player and manager. Goals, appearances, achievements, the personal angle. Rhino for longevity also.
Billy Neil probably has the longest association with the club, I believe a one club man, many jobs after being an excellent player for us, and the most approachable and nicest fella

I always got the Impression of Morrison that he played for himself, not the shirt. A determined man who's determination we certainly reaped the benefits of but one who ultimately believed that his story was the most Important and that everyone else was a minor character there to help him on his way to glory. An Individual forced to play with 10 other people.

I can't see how the man Is a legend personally. He was right there In a couple of legendary moments but on the whole I think he falls quite short of what It takes and what It means to hold that prestigious title.

That's what I said mate, he always did a job on the pitch and that's what really matters. Interesting what you say about younger players though as I spoke to 2 of our managers about him and both said he would demoralise and demotivate younger players especially putting down young forwards. I know for a fact that Harris had it out with him more than once over this
He is certainly a controversial/ contentious figure that splits opinion amongst the fans. You mention Harris who i have nothing but the upmost respect for, he also divides opinion and is hated by some for what he has allegedly said in the past. All a bit daft if you ask me, certainly when there's little or no context offered other than second and third hand tales with added spice!

Like i said upthread, it's deemed okay for fans to abuse them and get personal about their families but when given back there's outrage from some and mischievous threads about them on the forums. It would be nice if we could go back to the old days where most, if not all supporters knew fuck all about behind the scenes goings on and didn't care about it either.

He is certainly a controversial/ contentious figure that splits opinion amongst the fans. You mention Harris who i have nothing but the upmost respect for, he also divides opinion and is hated by some for what he has allegedly said in the past. All a bit daft if you ask me, certainly when there's little or no context offered other than second and third hand tales with added spice!

Like i said upthread, it's deemed okay for fans to abuse them and get personal about their families but when given back there's outrage from some and mischievous threads about them on the forums. It would be nice if we could go back to the old days where most, if not all supporters knew fuck all about behind the scenes goings on and didn't care about it either.
Totally get that about Harris. I got to know to know him and have nothing but respect for him, but I know others can't stand him. I don't care about the Bradford stuff and agree with you that players should have the right to give some back.

It would be nice if we could go back to the old days full stop.

I remember Jimmy Nicholl bringing loads of players in. It takes time for a team to gel and I would think Morrison has gone way overboard with the signings and could be looking for a new job pretty soon.
If my memory serves me correctly half of em were Scots that couldn’t and didn’t cut the mustard.

Totally get that about Harris. I got to know to know him and have nothing but respect for him, but I know others can't stand him. I don't care about the Bradford stuff and agree with you that players should have the right to give some back.

It would be nice if we could go back to the old days full stop.

I find that staggering. How any Millwall fan can have nothing but total admiration, love and respect for Harris is beyond me.

As much as Harris blotted his copy book after being a manager that split opinion, you can’t argue with his legendary stats and his long standing effort for the club. Rhino for me was a legend for other reasons as already stated. Most clubs claim many ex players to be legends, so why not chuck in Hurlock, Cahill, Cripps, Kitch and Co. Teddy can fck off the wet spam cnt (although I must admit he went on to achieve the most of any ex wall player ever - and he was simply class wherever he went).

What do you think are the attributes to make a Wall legend? Games played, time served, goals scored, relationship with the fans? I ask cause i think it's quite dificult to define.
It Is as players will have their own qualities and will be remembered for different reasons, and as Its been said above a lot of It Is conjecture and subjective amongst those who chose to Instil the marker upon a player.

For me though there's one consistency amongst legends, and this goes for those deemed legends at other clubs, Is the fact that they get the club and Its Identity. That they believe In the Importance of the fans and form a bond with them that transcends that of the average player and In turn their behaviour Is loyal to them, even when moving on. They will keep a special place In their hearts for the club and fans long after they have moved to another team and retired. Ultimately, they become part of the club. It might sound romantic but so Is bestowing legend status on someone.

It's a very strange one that doesn't follow any scientific pattern and on paper doesn't make sense.

Jimmy Abdou, limited player but would run through a wall, never gave up and loved his time with us and the fans. He epitomised a lot of what we want In a player and he's surely a modern legend.

Teddy Sheringham, the most successful player to have played at Millwall. A quality goal score who was part of the team that took us to the top division which we couldn't have done without him. Yet he went to West Ham and as the song goes 'now he's a cunt'.

I don't believe Morrison gives two fucks about us to be honest. Maybe that he even thinks that he was doing us a favour. I think the man was a proper mercenary (many If not most are and that's fine) but that ain't the way of a legend.

That's not to say we cant respect and appreciate all that he achieved with Wall and you don't have to be a legend to be admired and loved for what you did. But putting him up their In the pantheon Is for me a step to far.