Moro at Cardiff

33lion

Saw that they'd made another signing (they've been very busy) - and see that Moro has signed his 9th black player of this transfer window. Doing his bit for diversity, he'll be a shoe in for a job in the FA when he fancies quitting management :ROFLMAO:

Signed about 11/12 players in one window which is never ideal, they may struggle this season to get all of them to gel, but I wish him well.

As a player for us he made history by scoring the all important goal at Wembley in 2017. I was there and it was a great feeling which I’ll never forget. When he came back to the Dan as the Cardiff boss I clapped him when he came out of the tunnel. He seemed very indifferent to the reception and I saw a different side to him. He was obviously miffed that we beat them and he stormed off at the final whistle as if he was looking for the toys he’d thrown out of the pram. I now view him very differently. Life has moved on, his association with the club and the crowd is severed and his sole focus is on Cardiff City. Fair play to him but I, for one, will treat him like any other opposition manager who comes to the Den and I hope that this season he storms off at the final whistle as we have beaten them again.

I remember Jimmy Nicholl bringing loads of players in. It takes time for a team to gel and I would think Morrison has gone way overboard with the signings and could be looking for a new job pretty soon.

I think he is a moody tart. Loved him on the pitch, his will to win and goals and aggression but not off the pitch. I was with a mate of mine and his very young boy after a game and my mate asked him for a photo with his son and his attitude was beyond shit, he didn't smile or even talk to the boy and he acted like a sulky teenager. I know some players hate all that and I get that he might have had a bad day etc but my mate's son was only 5 at the time.

His performance with Gregory at Scunthorpe in the play-off semi was outstanding and his subsequent goal in the final against Bradford will never be forgotten.

Nor will his unnecessary outburst afterwards. I honestly still hold that against him.

Some of his signings are the sort of players who could easily get him the sack. I hope we batter them in both games.

Some of his signings are the sort of players who could easily get him the sack. I hope we batter them in both games.
I'd like to see that lot struggle, or even go down.
The squad is now mostly made up of the past three consecutive managers signings. Some in Cardiff would say...all three would be to blame.

Those past three managers.... all have rather large 'Wall connections.
:loser:

:grinning:

There is something not quite right about his attitude. I have a very good mate who was always welcome at the training ground pre covid. He always commented about what a moody player Moro could be. There were times he looked at my mate and almost implied he was something you would wipe off the bottom of your shoe.
It was absolutely clear that he always wanted to be the main man and nothing else mattered. Like many on here I have watched that goal he scored at Wembley many times and I have always been surprised that when he turned to take the adulation of the crowd Mahlon walked up to him, put his arm around him as a friendly gesture but he pushed a Mahlon’s arm away. His actions spoke louder than words. His goal on that day was pivotal to where we are now and he will always be remembered for it. But his subsequent behaviour leaves a sour taste in the mouth. Everybody is an individual but could you ever see such conduct on a return to the Den from Jed, Harris or even Fergie? They gave everything for the cause and nobody would begrudge a clap from the crowd if and when they return. I am afraid that is not the case with Moro and I shall be pleased if we take six points off them this season and he gets the tin tack.

I was with a mate of mine and his very young boy after a game and my mate asked him for a photo with his son and his attitude was beyond shit, he didn't smile or even talk to the boy and he acted like a sulky teenager.
Had the opposite experience when my boy spotted him in the carpark, very chatty and friendly. I ahve doubt he's moody, he's human after all.

Nor will his unnecessary outburst afterwards.
Probably uncalled for but i get why he was pissed off. Just scored the winner in a final and wanted to celebrate with his team mates until bods ran onto his place of work and spoit it for them. Players including ours get some awful abuse from fans, often very personal stuff. Players give a bit back and some mouthy fucker gets all precious and sensitive, it works both ways and if you can't take it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

As a player for us he made history by scoring the all important goal at Wembley in 2017. I was there and it was a great feeling which I’ll never forget. When he came back to the Dan as the Cardiff boss I clapped him when he came out of the tunnel. He seemed very indifferent to the reception and I saw a different side to him. He was obviously miffed that we beat them and he stormed off at the final whistle as if he was looking for the toys he’d thrown out of the pram. I now view him very differently. Life has moved on, his association with the club and the crowd is severed and his sole focus is on Cardiff City. Fair play to him but I, for one, will treat him like any other opposition manager who comes to the Den and I hope that this season he storms off at the final whistle as we have beaten them again.
We were coming back from a away game stopped ar services, as we were walking out moro was walking my mate said good game today mate and he totally blanked him with a dirty look since then and the time "we ruined it for him at Wembley " I cant stand the c%$t

Had the opposite experience when my boy spotted him in the carpark, very chatty and friendly. I ahve doubt he's moody, he's human after all.

Probably uncalled for but i get why he was pissed off. Just scored the winner in a final and wanted to celebrate with his team mates until bods ran onto his place of work and spoit it for them. Players including ours get some awful abuse from fans, often very personal stuff. Players give a bit back and some mouthy fucker gets all precious and sensitive, it works both ways and if you can't take it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Fair points and I would agree that players get shit from fans and are totally justified in giving back. And I appreciate my opinion is not universal about Morison.

That day though, when I watched it back later, made me angry. Him saying it ruined his day. I mean, really? He'd scored the winning goal in a Wembley final at the end all our fans were that got the club promoted and his day was ruined by a handful (probably day-trippers) running on the pitch? For me, it just played into the stereotypes that the media have of us, he spoon-fed them a negative story and worst of all, it came from one of our own players. Totally unnecessary and he made it a big thing when it wasn't.

I have immense respect for what he did as a player, He worked his nuts off in non-league to get a chance and he was dynamite for us, particularly in his first spell. But as a person? Zero.

Saw that they'd made another signing (they've been very busy) - and see that Moro has signed his 9th black player of this transfer window. Doing his bit for diversity, he'll be a shoe in for a job in the FA when he fancies quitting management :ROFLMAO:

Signed about 11/12 players in one window which is never ideal, they may struggle this season to get all of them to gel, but I wish him well.
who the fuck cares what colour a player is?

Looking forward to the game……rear rank, fire !!

That day though, when I watched it back later, made me angry. Him saying it ruined his day. I mean, really?
I often wonder if players/managers would give a different interview once they've calmed down and taken stock. Straight after the final whistle with the adrenaline still pumping ia bit daft and pointless if you ask me. The tv bods doing the questioning are thick as shit as well.

Remember watching some heavyweight get ironed out at some bout- towel gets chucked in- a few minutes later- tv man turns up- the fighter was asked when does he think he'll fight again- boxer ( still concussed) responds -after i win this one :grinning:

who the fuck cares what colour a player is?
Not me, was just an observation when looking at their signings so far more than anything. I wish him well, but in light of the sheer number of signings made in one window I feel they might struggle a bit at least early doors.

I quite like the look of Sawyers (was unreal at Brentford with Woods) and Rinhomota.

He scored the single most important goal of modern Millwall history. It’s not hard to imagine where we would be now if we had lost that game against Bradford, for a start we wouldn’t have signed Jed Wallace, Saville, Cooper, Meredith, Murray Wallace. We would have lost Gregory for sure and probably players like Romeo and Hutchinson as well and would have gone into league one the following season with a strike force of O’Brien and Tom Elliot. We would have been fucked basically.

It’s easy to forget just what a state the club was in following on from Holloway. He left us skint and with a shedload of shit players so for Harris to turn us around in the short time he did was miraculous and whether you like him as a man or not Steve Morison was a big big part of that. Some clubs would never have never recovered from that kind of mess we where in after Holloway had fucked off.

Morison played the best football of his career over the next two to three years and his influence on and off the pitch and getting us back and then establishing ourselves in the championship eventually to where we are now was huge.