Ballard

Same old story. Let our best player go for nothing & get outbid on every p!ayer we go for then lose our biggest young talent leave on a freebie ,..we will end up.with unwanted average journey men or unwanted !oan s

Same old story. Let our best player go for nothing & get outbid on every p!ayer we go for then lose our biggest young talent leave on a freebie ,..we will end up.with unwanted average journey men or unwanted !oan s
Agree totally and can’t see how we’ll stay up this season the way it’s going

We've just seen a player leave for free so the idea that we could make a profit down the line on Ballard is far from the truth or reality. Football stinks, players just run down contracts and end up with a huge signing on fee which in years gone by would go to the selling club.

You're such a ray of sunshine Phil
You'd think he only started following us last week. No mention of the journey men, lazy striker and unwanted loans that kept us in the play off race until the final game of the season. Makes you wonder why he goes up and down the country following us and wasting good money considering his views.

If we had offered 2 mill, Burnley would have offered more.
We will never win a bidding war against a parachute club, not a chance.
What a bargain they’ve got there.
Yep but this is one player I wd have sought at least to match the amount. He looks the dogs…

It was never a level playing field. Whatever card we played, Burnley would have trumped it.
Sometimes, you just have to accept that others have stronger hands and are prepared to play them.
I have no doubt that we can and do match bids or agree to what the selling club wants but we won't be able to or willing to match the wages on offer, more so when it's a club that's receiving parachute payments.

My sources tell me, there may be some concerns over Ballard's fitness, specifically an old injury. If that is true, cant blame the club not spunking £2m on him and as I've said, we have a very similar build of player on our books in Alex Mitchell, maybe given a chance, he might step up.
The truth is we were never in for Ballard, interested yes but not a priority unless on loan once we have others in plus what's left with the wages kitty. We have more important positions to fill, Ballard would have eaten up a good few quid in wages, he's not worth nearly £20k a week to us.

Arsenal have attached a few caveats to the deal, buy back clause plus a large percentage of potential sell on fee's. I doubt many clubs in our position would tie themselves to that, it sounds like a glorified loan deal to be honest mate.