Cambridge away

Went there for the FA Cup replay mentioned above. A total clusterfuck of an own goal by Thompson that Keith Branagan somehow let in. At the end of the game the Cambridge fans invaded the pitch and mistakenly - because the Den crowd applauded the Cambridge team off after the 1-1 draw in the first game - tried to applaud our fans in the away end and were told in no uncertain terms to fuck off. A massive bloke next to me climbed onto the fence, not giving a single fuck about the barbed wire that had cut his hand to ribbons as blood poured down his arm shouted "Come on 'Wall, let's 'ave 'em." His mate calmly said to him "I'm not fighting them, John, they're only about 10 years old."

Any of you lads remember Cambridge giving Chelsea a slap in the mid 80s?

They dined out on it for years ............ even though a load of them did bird.

Can't remember all the details, but it must remain Chelsea's biggest embarrassment!

:grinning:

Any of you lads remember Cambridge giving Chelsea a slap in the mid 80s?

They dined out on it for years ............ even though a load of them did bird.

Can't remember all the details, but it must remain Chelsea's biggest embarrassment!

:grinning:
Big news at the time. They had an active firm then but I think it was mainly scarfers they slapped.

Some decent jewellers down their main high street.
😂 Yes! I remember the old bill come on the train searching everyone for jewellery. Was there for the Thompson own goal , so windy the goal kicks were blown backwards. Also went when Dion Dublin scored for them before he joined Man U

Wasn't there a bridge near the ground?

Last time I went was the FA Cup replay. I missed the 5-1 battering.