Liverpool vs Millwall (1989) then Nostalgia

mfcvineo

9:43 in that NOLUWDC strange how over the years it’s become quicker. Send shivers down your spine listening to this.

Considering in the mid 90s I was 5 we still sang “Millwall” in the tune of YNWA when did we that drop that? Also the “Millllwalll and “Millwall aggro”

Watching that is what makes Millwall.

Anyone born 85+ we seen a lot of success ( considering what a small club we are ) to our elders.

Only 15 years later we were in an fa cup semi final

then the fa cup final

(those top table faces) RIP

Millwall 14:40 ( Big F) and 15:20 Tiny (16:05 what a unit of man Tiny was) 16:15 look at Win so good seeing him like that.

Literally face after face

Last edited:
look at Win so good seeing him like that.
Loved a bright shirt did Win. Sadly he's health hasn't been great for a while now.

Anyone born 85+ we seen a lot of success ( considering what a small club we are ) to our elders.
I have to remind my eldest of that when he moans about us, it's been a whizz compared to my early years following us.

9:43 in that NOLUWDC strange how over the years it’s become quicker. Send shivers down your spine listening to this.

Considering in the mid 90s I was 5 we still sang “Millwall” in the tune of YNWA when did we that drop that? Also the “Millllwalll and “Millwall aggro”

Watching that is what makes Millwall.

Only 15 years later we were in an fa cup semi final

then the fa cup final

(those top table faces) RIP

Millwall 14:40 ( Big F) and 15:20 Tiny (16:05 what a unit of man Tiny was) 16:15 look at Win so good seeing him like that.

Literally face after face
Hurlocks interventions were not exactly wholesome 👍🤣🤣🤣
1655360047485.jpeg

Best days. Who would of thought it.
Playing Liverpool away was the best away that season, our support and getting the draw. The Wembley’s, Cup semi final and final and Europe were special but top flight football for me was something I never thought could happen. We went top and we finished 12th or was it was it 13th. I know we finished one above Man Utd.
I hope it happens again before I’m dead. Sky and all the ‘big boys’ would piss their pants if we showed up again.

I was there at the Liverpool game and hadn’t realised how dirty the scousers were. How Whelan didn’t get sent off after the foul on cally is beyond me.

But probably expecting too much in thinking a Liverpool player would be sent off at anfield

Great great times
I went every game home and away for the best part of four years....... loved it.
Liverpool
Arsenal
Tottenham
United

They really didn’t know what him them

The first away game vs Villa
Thousands of us there and in great voice 😀😀😀
How many were there at the Liverpool game? It looked well over 10k or at least sounded like it. 👍

Goosebumps seeing that footage and hearing the singing. NOLU is definitely slower, more like the Rod song.

I remember after Geordie scored, I turned to my mate James who was in tears. He couldn't believe what was happening. Liverpool back then were the dominant team in football and had been for years. It really was quite something.

We had a lot more songs those days. Millwall sung to YNWA was pretty common at the Old Den. Mainly in the 2nd half when we were winning a game. A reflective chant.

My all-time favourite is "We are Evil." That probably will sound a bit naff to modern fans but let me tell you, in the 80s when we were at our nastiest best, that sounded truly chilling. Christ knows how away fans stuck in the corner surrounded by Millwall on all sides almost quietly singing "We are Evil" at them must have been fucking terrifying.

Great great times
I went every game home and away for the best part of four years....... loved it.
Liverpool
Arsenal
Tottenham
United

They really didn’t know what him them

The first away game vs Villa
Thousands of us there and in great voice 😀😀😀
I did em all too. It was like air...you gotta have it, someone said!
Villa away 1st game. Without looking, I thought that was when Cas went there and fucking millions of us went? Judas.
Remember Brian Horne in the away end with us? Must've been the other Liverpool game? Again, all a bit hazy!
I've still got that kit shirt in my wardrobe, the original.
Brilliant...fucking brilliant days. Specials etc. Songs were so much better. As said...we are eeeeevil.

Su-fucking-perb!

Just having a rage............nothing to do with the title.

Just came out of the station and some fu@@ing wigga on a bike thinks he can shoot down the pavement with everyone getting out of his way.

F@ck that, i just stood solid and he went flying. i crossed the road and he chased after me on his f@cking bike complaining.................................... "Come on then you c@nt me and you now" (i always think of my dad in these situations and he would have been left sprawling on the footpath)
The pr@ck just melted.................. im no hero, but i cant stand bullying, he thought we were all middle aged tossers....................................... rant over..........(in a bit) :)

That first season in the top flight was amazing numbers we took everywhere, going top of the table after Southampton? At home

We were above Liverpool in the Table (3rd v 4th) and played very well.

Around the same time, I think the next season, a Neighbour of ours lost Nine Nil on their first visit up to Anfield for a while. A rather different day out.

I will never forget the we’re gonna win the league and now your gonna believe us we’re gonna win the league at anfield silenced the kip
I distinctly remember one rather large scouser on the left us getting rather upset at us singing that. He nearly had a coronary :grinning: