Next Seasons Signings

I'm gonna get some stick for this one, but I actually wouldn't mind us getting Andy Carroll in. He's fitter than he's been for ages, can score goals and create, but it would have to be at a sensible cost because of his past injury record. Now I'm waiting for all the grief LOL
I think that is a good shout Steve. He would be a good battering ram and if used properly could be an ideal replacement for Matt Smith.
If we need to go long and bombard the opposition penalty area, he could be useful.
I suppose wages would be the stumbling block though.

Obviously, I'll be watching out for new signings as much as anyone. But is there any danger of moves in the other direction? I'm a little worried that someone might make a move for Danny or Billy Mitchell, especially Danny. There's few championship sides that he wouldn't improve and he'd possibly even be a target for someone in the Premier. I think he's on a long term contract but would the club turn down a decent offer for him?

Carroll would be terrible. Useless at West Brom with a strike rate worse than Adobe and Bradshaw and we would probably resort to long ball target man football again. Throw in is injury record and you just have another journey man striker looking for a pay day.

I'm gonna get some stick for this one, but I actually wouldn't mind us getting Andy Carroll in. He's fitter than he's been for ages, can score goals and create, but it would have to be at a sensible cost because of his past injury record. Now I'm waiting for all the grief LOL
Nah mate, screw that I've only just got Bonzo and Lomas out of my system.

I think that is a good shout Steve. He would be a good battering ram and if used properly could be an ideal replacement for Matt Smith.
Surely it's a step backwards and not in line with what the club have in mind by getting in younger and hungry players. On top of that it means playing more hoofball. Not so sure that a Matt Smith type player is needed, we certainly haven't missed him or his style which i think is for the lower divisions.

Obviously, I'll be watching out for new signings as much as anyone. But is there any danger of moves in the other direction? I'm a little worried that someone might make a move for Danny or Billy Mitchell, especially Danny. There's few championship sides that he wouldn't improve and he'd possibly even be a target for someone in the Premier. I think he's on a long term contract but would the club turn down a decent offer for him?
Danny's whole family are Millwall... he won't be leaving anytime soon 👍

Jed said in an interview with SLP that he may not yet leave. Slim chance though realistically.
I think he is torn between liking it here and getting some dosh in the bank. Family play a big part. If his misses is in with the wag pool and does not want to move who knows. Does he have kids...or a misses?

I think he is torn between liking it here and getting some dosh in the bank. Family play a big part. If his misses is in with the wag pool and does not want to move who knows. Does he have kids...or a misses?
He’s got a Mrs and two kids. His wife’s dad is the chairman at Pompey I believe.

We could probably do with replacing the experience of Pearce - I'd suggest Martin Kelly, just been released by the Nigels but would be a solid addition to a Championship side. Can play anywhere across a back line, and has been here for 8 years in London so most likely settled. I've read he was on £25k a week, though he would have to accept a pay cut anywhere he goes, and could be achievable.

What about Harry McKirdy of league 2 Swindon Town?

He’s 25, born in London but brought up in Stoke-on-Trent. His main position is centre forward, but can also play on either wing. Scored 22 goals (in all competitions last season) in 35 appearances.

Yes, it’s league two, so the level of defending is nowhere near the Championship level, but some forwards can score in whatever league they play in, and who’s to say he couldn’t do a job for us? He’s quick and certainly knows where the goal is!

He doesn’t have a transfer value on transfermarkt yet, but maybe £1M - £1.5M might secure his services?

He’d have to get rid of that fucking pony tail first, though! :grinning:

Scott Twine, fantastic young player, MK Dons. 20 goals from Midfield position this season. Just been named in League 1 team of the season.
I'm hoping GR has a bid for this lad and I hope our scouts have been sent to watch him. Stuck in league 1 for another year. Kind of player we should be going for imo.

Any others really worth looking at?
Use Fuchs prolific