So, Jed…

33lion

Is he staying or not? Lots of people claiming to have knowledge of his plans and I’m hearing all sorts, from he’s signing for Portuguese teams to Turkish teams, Cardiff, Forest and that he’s agreed a new deal with us.

Ive also heard Benik is done on a permanent and he’s on massive money, so if we’re throwing it at him surely we were able to offer enough to Jed to keep him here? Fuck knows.

Is he staying or not? Lots of people claiming to have knowledge of his plans and I’m hearing all sorts, from he’s signing for Portuguese teams to Turkish teams, Cardiff, Forest and that he’s agreed a new deal with us.

Ive also heard Benik is done on a permanent and he’s on massive money, so if we’re throwing it at him surely we were able to offer enough to Jed to keep him here? Fuck knows.

Benik Afobe (Centre-Forward) has 1 year and £870,000 gross remaining on his contract with Millwall (Championship), expiring on May 31, 2022. Benik Afobe, who is 28 years old, will earn a Gross Salary of £870,000 for the 2021-2022 Season, or £16,731 per week.​

Benik Afobe (Centre-Forward) has 1 year and £870,000 gross remaining on his contract with Millwall (Championship), expiring on May 31, 2022. Benik Afobe, who is 28 years old, will earn a Gross Salary of £870,000 for the 2021-2022 Season, or £16,731 per week.​

I would take a guess and say that the 16K a week is just our part for his loan

I think that’s wrong, I believe he’s on 45k a week at Stoke we’re paying half of it.

I think that’s wrong, I believe he’s on 45k a week at Stoke we’re paying half of it.
45k a week!!!! I like Benik but surely we cannot get anywhere near that and I doubt other clubs would be prepared to fork out that much at this stage of his career unless he is banging in 20+ goals a season. Probably go out on loan to us again next season I reckon.

Total wage thief.....did absolutly nothing yesterday like 90% of most games ,scores a goal and all that is forgotten, as I have said should be called ....Marmite ,you either love or hate him. And also his nickname at stoke was Afumble ,about sums up his first touch and overall game apart from the odd 10%.. Not been at over 12 clubs for nothing

How the fuck does he command £45k a week? He tries hard, but is an average Championship forward with no history of success at any club.
He was an Arsenal prospect and went to Wolves for 2m, then Bournemouth for 10m and back again for the same 10m but didn't stay long as he went to Stoke for 12m in summer of 2018 where I assume he signed a contract until 2023.
I think that makes it easy to see how his wages increased with each big move.

He was an Arsenal prospect and went to Wolves for 2m, then Bournemouth for 10m and back again for the same 10m but didn't stay long as he went to Stoke for 12m in summer of 2018 where I assume he signed a contract until 2023.
I think that makes it easy to see how his wages increased with each big move.
He’s probably earned a ton of money from those expensive transfers, so I doubt he’s short of a few bob!

Perhaps now, at his age, and with a family, he might want to lay down some roots, and would see that joining us would be a good career move? We are now an established Championship side. Supporters seem to have taken to him (and him to them), and next season could be a pivotal one if we can attract better players that will give us a chance of the play offs or (whisper it), possible promotion!

Why give that chance up, just because he (and no doubt his agent), dig their heels in, over not accepting a cut in wages that would make it more financially affordable for the club? If we got promotion next season, every player’s contract would probably improve anyway, so Afobe could very well end up with his Stoke salary, but with the added bonus of playing with us in the Prem!

There doesn’t seem to have been any interest from other clubs (from the Championship down), so his only alternative is to go back to Stoke and languish in the reserves, hoping that he might get the odd start (or come on as a sub), next season! A football career is a short one, and no player wants to be playing in reserve games (regardless of what they’re being paid.) They want to be out there, playing, and in Afobe’s case, banging the goals in!

For that to happen, Afobe and his agent must be prepared to work with the club on this, to ensure the best outcome for both parties moving forward!

In a few years time, Afobe can always sign for Charlton in non league, just as his career is coming to an end! They would love to have a forward who could score 15+ goals a season! Who knows? Afobe might actually fire them back into league 2! 🤣🤣🤣

Total wage thief.....did absolutly nothing yesterday like 90% of most games ,scores a goal and all that is forgotten, as I have said should be called ....Marmite ,you either love or hate him. And also his nickname at stoke was Afumble ,about sums up his first touch and overall game apart from the odd 10%.. Not been at over 12 clubs for nothing
Twelve goals. As for wage thief- a stupid and lazy offering that you often hear from thick people. We are paying a percentage of his wages, he's our top scorer. Using your braindead logic Jed has robbed us blind this season if you think Afobe's a wage thief.

Not been at over 12 clubs for nothing
You're right on one point, he's not been at twelve clubs.