Can we have a proper go next season?

What we need are players that are comfortable on the ball, look at Bournemouth Fulham, even Swansea all their players do not panic do not pass the ball to the oppo or boot it upfield or out of play, we do not have the quality or movement to do the same and make it count.
Not there yet but we are trying to get there, remember a couple of seasons ago and the hoof ball under Harris

What we need are players that are comfortable on the ball, look at Bournemouth Fulham, even Swansea all their players do not panic do not pass the ball to the oppo or boot it upfield or out of play, we do not have the quality or movement to do the same and make it count.
swansea had exactly what we needed - the little black bloke in teh middle. he was unplayable for most of that game, ball glued to the feet. was skipping through our lines. we have no one other than Jed on a good day we can do that.

and i think it's a player like that will get us in teh top 8 with teh team we have

Because they always have an outlet created by clever positioning of team mates. All good passing sides give the player with the ball options for a pass. Our players never see a first time pass it’s as though they need to control it first. You don’t have to spend 20 million on a player to expect a player to pass first time. Football isn’t rocket science but helps if you can control the ball first time which will give you an extra second. We always seem to be too close to each other making it easy for the opposition.to be fair we showed today we can keep the ball and pass it but only in glimpses.

i can remember growing up in say the late 80s to early 00s and we always had "they are good footballing side" attached to us. but with mccarthy going it sort of ended and we are now associated with "hard working, difficult to beat" etc. both fine in and of themselves. but we need to be knwon again as the former in this leage

swansea had exactly what we needed - the little black bloke in teh middle. he was unplayable for most of that game, ball glued to the feet. was skipping through our lines. we have no one other than Jed on a good day we can do that.

and i think it's a player like that will get us in teh top 8 with teh team we have
You see the same as me

We are basically playing the same way as when Ted and Cas were up front, get it wide and cross it, unfortunately football has moved on since then.

I think we have some very good players especially our Keeper and defence who are solid. We keep the ball better than we did under Neil Harris. Rowett stopped chopping and changing the line up and I think familiarity helped string some results together. I’d prefer if we started off attacking in a 442 then move to his defensive set up to see the game out rather than the other way round. One look across at our south London neighbours shows we should take nothing for granted, we have had a great season in a very decent division with a small budget. COYL🦁🦁

I think we have some very good players especially our Keeper and defence who are solid. We keep the ball better than we did under Neil Harris. Rowett stopped chopping and changing the line up and I think familiarity helped string some results together. I’d prefer if we started off attacking in a 442 then move to his defensive set up to see the game out rather than the other way round. One look across at our south London neighbours shows we should take nothing for granted, we have had a great season in a very decent division with a small budget. COYL🦁🦁
exactly - we have done brilliant. the whole club, everyone

gonna get slated, honestly think Afobe is as key as getting Jed's signature.

take him out and invisage oru front line. the quality of his finishing should be paid attention to. half volleys, turnign players inside out and then finishing. the assist he done a few weeks ago when three players were charging at him. that's teh quality needed. he may be terrible in teh air, may have many other weaknesses, but there is flashes of the quality needed. and burke and bradshaw and even burey, speak for themselves - they are godo at this level, but take afobe away and i bet they would stop performing as well.

just need that creative midfielder.

gonna get slated, honestly think Afobe is as key as getting Jed's signature.

take him out and invisage oru front line. the quality of his finishing should be paid attention to. half volleys, turnign players inside out and then finishing. the assist he done a few weeks ago when three players were charging at him. that's teh quality needed. he may be terrible in teh air, may have many other weaknesses, but there is flashes of the quality needed. and burke and bradshaw and even burey, speak for themselves - they are godo at this level, but take afobe away and i bet they would stop performing as well.

just need that creative midfielder.
At Millwall its the sum of the parts that makes us what we are. Its the Manager’s job to piece that together with the right combinations such as Coops & Hutch for example. We have no room for big time charlies and Benik is the perfect example of a Millwall player who is down to earth and a real team player. He likes us we like him, it just comes down to the dough.

Not there yet but we are trying to get there, remember a couple of seasons ago and the hoof ball under Harris
Yet our 1st season in the Championship under Harris was better than the one we have just had!

Don't see how we 'can have a go at it' next season, the gulf in the quality of Fulham and Bournemouth compared to us seems to much to make up at the moment.
A continuation of a hard working side doing the basics well should see us carry on as an established Championship club, not exciting but there are sevearal bigger clubs in this country that can only dream of being in our current position.

here's another example. bradshaw and burke are good. better than average at this level. but if you look at afobe's performance here, it's actually a matter of quality - he's got that bit extra. so becuase he has that little bit of flair, you just wouldn't get a performance like this out of a bradshaw or a burke, even tehy they are probably harder workign than afobe. that's nto to degenerate the other players, but afobe and jed need to be priorties in my view.

Yet our 1st season in the Championship under Harris was better than the one we have just had!

Don't see how we 'can have a go at it' next season, the gulf in the quality of Fulham and Bournemouth compared to us seems to much to make up at the moment.
A continuation of a hard working side doing the basics well should see us carry on as an established Championship club, not exciting but there are sevearal bigger clubs in this country that can only dream of being in our current position.
honestly think we are one player away.

how many times have been lucky enough to say that?