Don’t be a tosser campaign

That couldn't happen if those fucking idiots on Saturday and other occasions didn't play up. We have a rep built and cemented many years ago for off field activities, not for calling bods names and slinging plastic bottles. Bods turn up at big games and think by lobbing bottles and fronting families and lone stewards makes them abit of a chap, bullshit it does, it just gets us to where we are today. The fuckwits that play up are driving the sanitization of our club and no one else.
Well i've been a fuckwit in the very distant past and i suspect the majority of us on here have as well.

There was never ever sanitisation as a consequence, just membershup cards and very occasionally games not available.

As for this bit...
We have a rep built and cemented many years ago for off field activities, not for calling bods names and slinging plastic bottles.

Not the wrench, hand grenade, meat pie and stanley knife then ?

What are the club supposed to do and say when we have idots lobbing bottles and racially abusing stewards? As for the booing, what good does it do the club who have to deal with the hysterics from the press afterwards? Yeah you have a right to boo but where and when do we draw the line? As far as i'm concerned if you boo you are acknowledging it which is worse thasn just fucking ignoring it and them. There's no winners here, we will lose sponsors and continue to fill the back pages, i can't see how that does the club any good.
That couldn't happen if those fucking idiots on Saturday and other occasions didn't play up. We have a rep built and cemented many years ago for off field activities, not for calling bods names and slinging plastic bottles. Bods turn up at big games and think by lobbing bottles and fronting families and lone stewards makes them abit of a chap, bullshit it does, it just gets us to where we are today. The fuckwits that play up are driving the sanitization of our club and no one else.
Spot on mate, as usual.

Well i've been a fuckwit in the very distant past and i suspect the majority of us on here have as well.

There was never ever sanitisation as a consequence, just membershup cards and very occasionally games not available.

As for this bit...
We have a rep built and cemented many years ago for off field activities, not for calling bods names and slinging plastic bottles.

Not the wrench, hand grenade, meat pie and stanley knife then ?
Does any one remember the turnip landing on the pitch , launched from the West Stand , when Graham Taylor come down ? I guess we were playing Watford .
It had me laughing . Although if that had of made contact with some ones head they would have had a headache for a day or two.

Last edited:
I don't think I've much right to comment, as I'm one of those fair weather supporters whose only able to get across to games occasionally, but I don't understand the mentality of anyone going to a big game a couple of times a season, and acting the maggot, bringing the spotlight of the football authorities and media on the club. At the very least, it shows a lack of respect to those of you that go week in, week out, on wet Tuesday nights, and when our performances are grim. When in Rome, etc . I detest the wokery that has permeated everything in society, including football, and I am 100% behind the hate aimed at the opposition, but the cards are stacked against everyone now, with the grass line, microphones, CCTV and over zealous stewards. It does harm the club, and negates the PR work that's been done since the last time we were subjected to criticism over some alleged wrongdoing. I'm quietly hoping that SK's statement is the club being seen to be "playing the game", and we can all soon get back to eating babies.

I don't think I've much right to comment, as I'm one of those fair weather supporters whose only able to get across to games occasionally, but I don't understand the mentality of anyone going to a big game a couple of times a season, and acting the maggot, bringing the spotlight of the football authorities and media on the club. At the very least, it shows a lack of respect to those of you that go week in, week out, on wet Tuesday nights, and when our performances are grim. When in Rome, etc . I detest the wokery that has permeated everything in society, including football, and I am 100% behind the hate aimed at the opposition, but the cards are stacked against everyone now, with the grass line, microphones, CCTV and over zealous stewards. It does harm the club, and negates the PR work that's been done since the last time we were subjected to criticism over some alleged wrongdoing. I'm quietly hoping that SK's statement is the club being seen to be "playing the game", and we can all soon get back to eating babies.
You have every right to comment . Millwall is the team you love.
Years ago those who did this sort of stuff would have been nicked on the way out and no more heard about it.

I agree, Peckham but where does it end? Good point about those day trippers wanting to act like a Herbert but looking like a mug. I fear we’ll end up getting turfed out for a bit of foul language eventually, in case it offends some Guardian reader.

Going down the Den was about getting the week out your system. Shouting abuse, witless or not, is part and parcel with the game. Throwing a plastic bottle at some player is thick at best, an act of cowardice in my eyes.

Remember Ricky Otto for Surfend… first league game the New Den… a few had been to the fruit and veg shop that day and threw the left overs his way!!!! Was live on TV also

Banned for life for singing a song which didn't contain any kind of hatred and could only upset rent boys and a footballer who has chosen to have a schoolgirl's haircut.

Compared to a 6 year banning order for this-
A man who racially abused staff and attacked two police officers during an FA Cup match has been jailed.
Aaron Saunders, 29 and of Higher Furlong Road in Cranbrook, Devon, was arrested during Manchester United's 1-0 victory over Aston Villa at Old Trafford on Monday.
Saunders admitted two counts of causing racially aggravated distress and two of assaulting an emergency worker at Manchester Magistrates' Court.
He was sentenced to 22 weeks in prison.
He was also handed a six-year football banning order.
Speaking after sentencing, PC Matt Ford said going to a football match "should be an enjoyable experience and people who behave like Saunders did on Monday night take away from that".
"I hope this swift action reassures football fans and those who work in the industry that Greater Manchester Police and the justice system take this issue seriously and take steps to prevent it," he said.

Feels like club is leaving it's fans behind on the road to nowhere.

What are the club supposed to do and say when we have idots lobbing bottles and racially abusing stewards? As for the booing, what good does it do the club who have to deal with the hysterics from the press afterwards? Yeah you have a right to boo but where and when do we draw the line? As far as i'm concerned if you boo you are acknowledging it which is worse thasn just fucking ignoring it and them. There's no winners here, we will lose sponsors and continue to fill the back pages, i can't see how that does the club any good.

Genuine question, did you see/hear or did anyone you would trust see or hear the racial abuse at the steward? I agree with you comments by the way.

I also think it's a bit much blaming 'day trippers' - I do plenty of aways and see bottles get lobbed on the pitch at a fair few of them. It is a stupid thing to do.

did you see/hear or did anyone you would trust see or hear the racial abuse at the steward?
Do you reckon the club or steward are making this shit up?

I also think it's a bit much blaming 'day trippers' - I do plenty of aways and see bottles get lobbed on the pitch at a fair few of them.
I haven't suggested it was a day tripper that was throwing things, just a comment on the cuntishness many of them bring to a big game.

Sieg-Heil. Brighton fans singing Seagals.

West ham fans running on the pitch, Millwall get charged (granted we were away that evening).

There are lots more Instances but they were the first two I could think of.

I see your point and I'm not Ignoring our behaviour. But as long as Millwall are In the vicinity, people will go out their way to Include our name and bring us Into disrepute regaurdless of the situation or If we were even Involved. We're are the ultimately bogy man and are an easy mark for anyone not worth their salt to report on.
Don't deny a well known wall chap his place in history that evening at the vermin's😁

👏👏 Best post on this subject I've seen.

Do you reckon the club or steward are making this shit up?

I haven't suggested it was a day tripper that was throwing things, just a comment on the cuntishness many of them bring to a big game.

Club or steward making shit up? Quite possible. Or mis interpreted. Not always the case.

I wasn't suggesting you were referring to the day trippers, but plenty do try and blame these incidents on day trippers.

Funny thing is reading the thread I was threatened with being thrown out 10 minutes before the kick off Saturday.
Arrived and a two geezers who I haven’t seen in block 5 before were in mine and my daughters seats ( we are both ST holders in block 5). Obviously it was unusually rammo with the odd random seat still available but none together.
Told them they were in the wrong seats (twice but they were cocking a deaf in) and then I started to lose it a little bit. After a bit of verbal and one of the geezers “ but we’ve got tickets “.
Yes I replied but your Wilson’s are not for these seats.
Geezer replied with a load of old bollocks about me getting someone else out of THEIR seats and sitting there .
Then the stewards arrived because I had been heard calling him a cunt , I thought I was on my way.
Luckily a few around me started to tell the geezers in no uncertain terms we were ST holders and they should move on .
Ironically the only time I’ve ever been thrown out at a game was at selhurst v nigels for bad language in the eighties.

Funny thing is reading the thread I was threatened with being thrown out 10 minutes before the kick off Saturday.
Arrived and a two geezers who I haven’t seen in block 5 before were in mine and my daughters seats ( we are both ST holders in block 5). Obviously it was unusually rammo with the odd random seat still available but none together.
Told them they were in the wrong seats (twice but they were cocking a deaf in) and then I started to lose it a little bit. After a bit of verbal and one of the geezers “ but we’ve got tickets “.
Yes I replied but your Wilson’s are not for these seats.
Geezer replied with a load of old bollocks about me getting someone else out of THEIR seats and sitting there .
Then the stewards arrived because I had been heard calling him a cunt , I thought I was on my way.
Luckily a few around me started to tell the geezers in no uncertain terms we were ST holders and they should move on .
Ironically the only time I’ve ever been thrown out at a game was at selhurst v nigels for bad language in the eighties.
Don’t start the sitting in the right seat debate going again*

fair enough though, if anyone’s seat is sacred it’s a ST holder’s seat.