Don’t be a tosser campaign

Shawmi

Statement from the club - one of the new enforced rules/changes

Don’t be a Tosser

If one of the missiles thrown on to the pitch caused any sort of injury to a player or member of staff then the consequences would be beyond anything the club or supporters have experienced in recent history. I cannot stress that enough.

The severity of this threat is very real, and it is with that in mind that we are launching a new ‘Don’t be a Tosser’ campaign which we hope will contribute to the prevention of such incidents in the future.

A campaign like this is clearly not enough on its own, however, and in certain areas of the ground – starting this Saturday – we have no choice but to start decanting all bottles into plastic cups.

This operational change will begin in the Dockers Stand (apart from Zampa’s Family Stand) and in our entire hospitality area, but in the weeks ahead this may well widen into all other areas of the stadium.

It is essential that staff having to carry out this process are respected as it is not their choice, and while it was a difficult decision the club simply has no other option. Any abuse towards them given they are only carrying out instruction would be grossly inappropriate and will not be accepted.

Bringing bottles into the stadium has not been allowed for some time which is a measure respected and followed by almost everyone and this is an unavoidable extension of that policy which again is designed to protect the health and safety of all in attendance, the reputation of the club and therefore the interests of the majority of supporters.

What cretin wrote that? It's far too familiar and sounds like the policy and the statement have been concocted by the work experience lad.

Firstly, don't they already poor bottles Into plastic cups?

Secondly, why does the club have no other option? I don't condone the throwing of objects but this was an Isolated Incident and Is not a systemic problem we have. I can't recall the last time I saw anything like that and I go to most of the home games.

Once again the club are over reacting and are treating the fans with contempt without the consideration paid to the regular behaviours at the ground. They have crumbled In the face of the media men.

Only seems to happen when we have part timers come to the more interesting games. A plastic bottle, really?

Its stupid. Jump up and and rant all you like but the only result of throwing stuff on the pitch will be harm to the club. We all know what our friends in the media will make of it. Even when palace chucked the flare we were of accused of throwing them as well.

Dont be a tosser (twat, fuckwit,dick head or nob)