GR Contract

I hope that there will be a change in manager, but I doubt it very much, if reports are to be believed, we are bidding for players that the manager would have to sign off on.

I am not a Rowett fan by any stretch of the imagination but if our first aim is to stay in the division he can achieve that. I just wish he would take the shackles off now that we are safe, play 442 as the starting formation and attack, especially at home. He has had more money to spend than most Wall managers and we do have some very good players (when played in the correct position in the right formation) apart from Bod and Evans. Its a simple fix for Rowett if he wants the fans onside, just attack. He’s stopped chopping and changing players and now starts with 2 strikers but it’s usually so boring even though I’m a season ticket holder I’m not fussed if I go or not when he plays 5 or more defenders in the starting 11.
Question as it always is, Beggars can’t be choosers and we’re not top of most managers clubs to join, who would replace him? JB won’t sack him unless we are in the relegation zone and we are a long way from that.

Last edited:
There must be some light at the end of the Tunnel sometime, surely....
The thought of Rowett being manager all the time we are in the Championship mid-table.....🙄🙄🙄🙄

There must be some light at the end of the Tunnel sometime, surely....
The thought of Rowett being manager all the time we are in the Championship mid-table.....🙄🙄🙄🙄
We all have the same gripes about the tactics. They will only change if he thinks he’s seen it himself. As mentioned above he’s started picking some academy players, he’s stopped chopping and changing the line up and he is now playing two strikers in a partnership.
We need him to recognise the lift in the crowd and players when he changes (usually forced because we are losing) to a 442 with wingers and we start getting results from it. Its then up to him to be a bit braver in approach and it will be better for everyone.

Where's the players and money coming from to play this exciting and attacking football? Maybe we/Rowett approaches games the way we do simply because we don't have the players or enough players to play on the front foot and pin teams back in there own half. Even our best player Jed is inconsistent and we're hardly blessed with creative players. We're a mid table side, that's where we'll finish bar a miracle.

The best periods we have had as a club, has been with settled long term managers. When we start chopping and changing, we fall on bad times. Rowett may have his faults, but I can't argue with his overall performance. For us, it has been good.

I'll put up with the odd shit performance if it means staying in this division with the hope of a trip to St James park next season.

Managers are judged on results and table positions, we were 19th and heading for possible relegation when he took over. To be fair he’s got us consistently in the top half of the table with little money to spend and a wage cap that would inhibit anyone in terms of loans. If this was your business or investment you’d be quite happy with that return.

The youngsters is where our progression lies with some senior pro’s as leaders on and off the pitch.

I don’t care what anyone thinks but Jed should of been sold last summer when he made it clear our offer was not going to cut it. I said it at the time and got slaughtered.

A possible 4/5M fee has been lost IMO and that monies could of been used sensibly. That’s not the managers fault it’s the CEO and board to blame.

I personally don’t think we should sign anyone in this window, clear out the deadwood this summer and be ready early doors straight after the last game. Prices are always inflated during this window, offload what you can and play the youngsters IMO.

Managers are judged on results and table positions, we were 19th and heading for possible relegation when he took over. To be fair he’s got us consistently in the top half of the table with little money to spend and a wage cap that would inhibit anyone in terms of loans. If this was your business or investment you’d be quite happy with that return.

The youngsters is where our progression lies with some senior pro’s as leaders on and off the pitch.

I don’t care what anyone thinks but Jed should of been sold last summer when he made it clear our offer was not going to cut it. I said it at the time and got slaughtered.

A possible 4/5M fee has been lost IMO and that monies could of been used sensibly. That’s not the managers fault it’s the CEO and board to blame.

I personally don’t think we should sign anyone in this window, clear out the deadwood this summer and be ready early doors straight after the last game. Prices are always inflated during this window, offload what you can and play the youngsters IMO.
Agree. Buying players in January in an overinflated market is not good business sense, unless of course you are desperate (NUFC). We aren't desperate as we have a good enough squad to stay up and the youngsters could do with more game time. Wait until the summer, lose some of the high earning/under performers and kick on next season. The one caveat to my point is; that we pretty much say the same each season - so overall progress is still pretty slow. But progress none the less?

What makes you think the CEO and Board didn’t try to sell him last summer?

It wouldn’t surprise me if they did and there were no takers at an acceptable price 🤷‍♂️

Where's the players and money coming from to play this exciting and attacking football?

We could drop to the standards of sniverpool and palarse and start a 'Crowdfunding' campaign to attract this one player we really need to the Den?

But then most Wall' i know actually donate their money to worthwhile and charitable causes. COYL.

What makes you think the CEO and Board didn’t try to sell him last summer?

It wouldn’t surprise me if they did and there were no takers at an acceptable price 🤷‍♂️
Jed and his agent played us by leaving the door open to him signing and him being fully committed throughout the season. They let the player take control of the situation and that should never happen.

Has he been committed I think so but that’s not worth the potential funds lost and the position we find ourselves in.

The club and the team always has to be bigger than just one player. Hard decisions have to be made when it suits the club not the individual.

Yes us fans will get pissed off by selling our talent but ask any Brentford fan who saw this happen in seven straight seasons whether the club finds itself in a better place, I bet it’s a resounding yes. Before anyone says “but yeah they have a rich owner”, I would suggest you research JB wealth against his.

Honestly, we have no assets, a ground we rent from Lewisham council and a training ground we rent from Oxford University. Until JB gets the regeneration project in flight and we finish the new training ground in Kent we will have to rely on bargains, loans and youth. Only when all the things above come together will we be in a position to take the next step to the wonderland by having physical assets and not soft assets (the odd player worth something) as a bond to trade off. That said that approach could be overtaken by a good run on the pitch and what I believe would be a fluke of promotion.