Attacking midfield

Same every year, get linked to players with bids over a million that never happen and wind up with some has been(s) or loan deals…

Its the European part of it that seem different, 2 bids both over a million for two different European clubs.
Millwall on the up.

I hope this season is different for us in the transfer market, not only incoming but players that are surplus to requirements, past their time etc so we can do some good business and one or two of these Million plus bids come off…

We have splashed the cash recently, Mohoney, Bod but look where we are with them, complete waste with bad decisions and our scouting.

I want to be positive, but this is Millwall we are talking about!!!

🤞🤞

I hope this season is different for us in the transfer market, not only incoming but players that are surplus to requirements, past their time etc so we can do some good business and one or two of these Million plus bids come off…

We have splashed the cash recently, Mohoney, Bod but look where we are with them, complete waste with bad decisions and our scouting.

I want to be positive, but this is Millwall we are talking about!!!

🤞🤞
I would not say that it was poor scouting that we got Mahoney, he is a good player.

Brought in by Harris to supply Smith with crosses.

I don't know what happened with Harris, he had Smith and Bradshaw to feed off of crosses from Jed and Mahoney, Leonard in the middle with (new player) as Williams was on his way out, a good back 4 of Romeo Hutch, Cooper and Wallace, it was a strong looking team but he just never played them all together.

I would not say that it was poor scouting that we got Mahoney, he is a good player.

Brought in by Harris to supply Smith with crosses.

I don't know what happened with Harris, he had Smith and Bradshaw to feed off of crosses from Jed and Mahoney, Leonard in the middle with (new player) as Williams was on his way out, a good back 4 of Romeo Hutch, Cooper and Wallace, it was a strong looking team but he just never played them all together.

This. Always baffled me. Whenever we played the 4-4-2 with Mahoney wide and Smith up top it worked really well and we looked a threat…

This. Always baffled me. Whenever we played the 4-4-2 with Mahoney wide and Smith up top it worked really well and we looked a threat…
It still could work well, but GR just wants to do it his way, understandable I guess, but when it didn't work his way, and a lot of fans had been calling to go back to a 4-4-2, he played a 4-2-3-1 and said it just didn't work
Players like Mahoney and Thompson (forgot to name in my 1st post) would be in my starting 11

Today with the squad we have
Bart
Danny Hutch Cooper M.Wallace
Mahoney Thompson Mitchell Bennett
Afobe Bradshaw

I would start Smith, but Afobe has a good thing going with Bradshaw right now.

What I don't get about GR is Mahoney and Thompson are both fit, both look likely to leave, and I don't see the replacements being better then them.

As our budget is low, if we are to buy 2 players to replace them, if it be a loan fee, a transfer fee or a signing on bonus, why not use that money to pay Jed, as his loss will be a big one I believe, and unless he goes for stupid money (he wont) it makes no sense to me unless he has said he don't want to play for us no more.

What I don't get about GR is Mahoney and Thompson are both fit, both look likely to leave, and I don't see the replacements being better then them.
Do you need replacements for players you are not using anyway?
That may be GR's view.