ojo - in for forest

• yes

Votes: 39 69.6%
  • no

Votes: 12 21.4%
  • fold the club.

Votes: 5 8.9%

• Total voters
Definitely improving performances recently.
Probably an ideal opportunity to put himself in the the shop window today.
Curious to know if the level of performance is sustained next week so he should start.
Played much better today and showed what he can be capable of.
On the other hand I thought Tyler Burey also done well when he came on.
Ojo played well and looked our biggest threat. But his crossing needs a bit of improvement in my opinion. Hope he starts next game.
Tyler Burey put a couple of good crosses in and looks to be on the verge of being in the matchday squad now especially if Jed goes.

Thought he played well last few games, so as it stands, its a yes from me.
Could develop a useful partnership with Danny down the right.
yes i thought that, bit like when Romeo and Wallace were working well together, no enough, but at times dangerous. I know OJO will not go for a 50/50, but with his pace he needs to anticipate those challenges earlier, but on the flip side maybe we can live with a fit player who doesn't put in the crunching tackle, as with Mahoney another player who post Jed needs to be given a run, another 5/6 games as we will know, keep or not.

Reactions: SEL
Think it might be a confidence/ego thing for Ojo.

There are certain players that need an arm round them, and need to hear from a manager how good they are. Maybe Rowett has to get Ojo realising that he is a good player, and that he has the pace and skill to cut through the opposition’s midfield and take on defenders as if they wasn’t there!

Yes, it all sounds very namby pamby, but if it works, and ups Ojo’s game by another 20%, then why not give it a go?

The young lads who came on looked ok for the short period they were on. These are the ones we should give some game time to as they are the future of the club. We shouldn't be investing time and money in other people's cast offs.

Think it might be a confidence/ego thing for Ojo.

There are certain players that need an arm round them, and need to hear from a manager how good they are. Maybe Rowett has to get Ojo realising that he is a good player, and that he has the pace and skill to cut through the opposition’s midfield and take on defenders as if they wasn’t there!

Yes, it all sounds very namby pamby, but if it works, and ups Ojo’s game by another 20%, then why not give it a go?
I remember the Partick Thistle manager John Lambie putting his arm around a player in a similar fashion.

He was told by the physio that one of his players was concussed and didn’t know who he was, he said “That’s great. Tell him he’s Pele and get him back on.”

I thought Ojo done ok against palace, but not as good as some on here thought.
He can run at a player, but he tries to do to much, a few times he made a bit of space for himself and could have put a cross in, but thought it was a better idea to try and get to the 18 yard box himself.

He is 24, and should know what the right and wrong decisions on the pitch are, for me, he will be one of them gifted players who will fall down the league in a few years, all because of money, he should have left Liverpool years ago and found a club who will let him play first team games and settle into the area of his new club.

Money has ruined football, all the rich clubs just buy the young kids and let them rot in the 2nd team/u23 etc... with no chance of first team football.
This has made the gap from the Premier League to the Championship so big, well even from the top to mid table of the Premiership their is a big gap.

To answer the question - No, I think he would be better as a sub with his pace when the other team are tired, but he still needs to figure out that sometimes less can be more.