Team v Cherries

silverlion

Staff member
A tough game against a very good side who could tear us apart at will. They have hit a blip after losing their first away game this season against the Rams on Sunday. They will be out to rebound quickly against us but maybe their problems are a bit deeper and we can kick them whist they are down. I can confidently predict that there will be changes from the ‘Boro game as Cooper picked up his fifth yellow and is unable to play. The big question is whether GR now reverts to a back four or he just drafts Murray back into the side on the left side of a back three. That looks the most likely scenario but MOM Bart is sure to wear the gloves. He made some decent saves at the Riverside and kept us in the game.
The first big question is whether you bring Danny back into the side. He wasn’t even on the bench on Saturday which begs the question of whether he was left out for tactical reasons or whether there has been a disagreement between him and GR. Whatever, we only have a small squad and if you are thinking of playing on the counter against the Cherries then Danny is a much better counter attacking RWB than Leonard. For that reason I would put him in. The central back three pick themselves with Ballard, Hutch and Murray starting with Molly wide left.
The midfield has options. Saville is nailed on to start but do you partner him with one or two others. My guess would be just one and that would be Billy who is improving game by game. Up front Jed is nailed on the right with Bennett on the left and Bradshaw being the pest in the middle.

My thoughts are,

Bart
Danny Ballard Hutch Murray Molly
Saville Billy
Jed Bradshaw Bennett

Subs Long Pearce Leonard Dutch Ojo Smith Benik

Bart
Danny Ballard Hutch Molly
Saville Leonard Billy
Jed Benik Bennett

4 at the back for me, Cooper needs a rest and Wallace has played well but Hutch and Ballard are our best CBs. Leonard and Billy are our in form midfielders, toss up between Dutch and Saville. For me Benik poses more threat than Bradshaw.

A tough game against a very good side who could tear us apart at will. They have hit a blip after losing their first away game this season against the Rams on Sunday. They will be out to rebound quickly against us but maybe their problems are a bit deeper and we can kick them whist they are down. I can confidently predict that there will be changes from the ‘Boro game as Cooper picked up his fifth yellow and is unable to play. The big question is whether GR now reverts to a back four or he just drafts Murray back into the side on the left side of a back three. That looks the most likely scenario but MOM Bart is sure to wear the gloves. He made some decent saves at the Riverside and kept us in the game.
The first big question is whether you bring Danny back into the side. He wasn’t even on the bench on Saturday which begs the question of whether he was left out for tactical reasons or whether there has been a disagreement between him and GR. Whatever, we only have a small squad and if you are thinking of playing on the counter against the Cherries then Danny is a much better counter attacking RWB than Leonard. For that reason I would put him in. The central back three pick themselves with Ballard, Hutch and Murray starting with Molly wide left.
The midfield has options. Saville is nailed on to start but do you partner him with one or two others. My guess would be just one and that would be Billy who is improving game by game. Up front Jed is nailed on the right with Bennett on the left and Bradshaw being the pest in the middle.

My thoughts are,

Bart
Danny Ballard Hutch Murray Molly
Saville Billy
Jed Bradshaw Bennett

Subs Long Pearce Leonard Dutch Ojo Smith Benik
can't understand why Seville is " nailed on". Not half the player He was for us first time and makes too.many mistakes now

The team that played them at their place last season done a real number. And we looked good value for a win.

Danny Mac needs to return, put Leonard’s legs in the middle.

Bart
DMac, Hutch, Ballard, Murray, Malone
Leonard Mitchell Saville
Jed, Afobe

Hate the thought of using 5-3-2 tbh.

Bart
DMac, Hutch, Ballard, Wallace
Wallace, Saville, Mitchell, Bennett
Afobe, Bradders.

Is a lot movement within that team with subs being able to be brought on that would have a positive impact.

Hate the thought of using 5-3-2 tbh.

Bart
DMac, Hutch, Ballard, Wallace
Wallace, Saville, Mitchell, Bennett
Afobe, Bradders.

Is a lot movement within that team with subs being able to be brought on that would have a positive impact.
Movement? Well, yes, I suppose there is, if you like watching sideways and backwards passes to the goalkeeper for 90 minutes! :grinning:

Just hope whatever the line up we take 2 or 3 of the chances we create for a change.
Would love to put one over on the thunderbird puppet.
COYL

Bart
Saville Leonard Billy
Jed Benik Bennett

4 at the back for me, Cooper needs a rest and Wallace has played well but Hutch and Ballard are our best CBs. Leonard and Billy are our in form midfielders, toss up between Dutch and Saville. For me Benik poses more threat than Bradshaw.
Spot on mate and Leonard has got to be a shoe-in for midfield the way he’s been playing 👍😉

If Evans is fit GR will play him & drop mitchell , another GR donkey he,s got to justify the money he spent on him

Bart
Saville Leonard Billy
Jed Benik Bennett

Cooper has made a few amateurish blunders lately, so I understand why you think he should get a breather. My only worry with that is if he loses his confidence a bit if he sits a game out, and is more likely to slip up in future matches. A hard one to call.

The team Id like to see & what GR will put out are very different but there we have it.

Bart
Danny Hutch Ballard Murray
Jed Leonard Mitchell Molly
Bradshaw Afobe

Subs Long, Smith, Pearce, Saville, Dutch, Ojo, Bennett

Last edited by a moderator:
Cooper has made a few amateurish blunders lately, so I understand why you think he should get a breather. My only worry with that is if he loses his confidence a bit if he sits a game out, and is more likely to slip up in future matches. A hard one to call.
I totally agree but he has been given chance after chance and pretty much every time has blundered. At some point you have to find some other way of getting his form or confidence back. Maybe play him up front for a game or two :shrug:

Cooper is on a one match ban for all his yellow cards so is out anyway.

Bart
Saville Leonard Billy
Jed Benik Bennett

I'd put Kleftenbeld on for the first half to get stuck into their midfield whom are a pretty tough outfit. When he gets booked (,, which he will,) swap him out for Saville. Start with Afobe with the option to bring Bradshaw on later when the game gets stretched.
Cooper being out I see as a major bonus.